Tuesday, June 6, 2017

I Need a Wife

Last week I was walking home from tutoring my kids in the village, minding my own business, just thinking about how things went when all of a sudden someone was talking to me.

I had met this man the day prior and found out he was the headman of one of the local villages. He was very chatty, not to mention, very drunk. Needless to say, the next morning around 10AM he was still drunk.

Here's how the conversation went...

Headman... "Good morning madam. How are you?"

Me... "I'm fine, how are you?"

Headman... "I'm fine. But I'm thinking you could help me."

--> This is when my mind started racing thinking what in the world is he going to ask.

Headman... "I'm thinking you could bring me one of your white friends from America to be my wife."

Me... "No sir, I can't do that."

Headman... "Why? Because I'm black?"

Me... "No sir, not because you're black, but because I'm not about to marry off any of my friends to someone who is always drunk."

Headman... "Oh madam, I can change."

Me... "No sir. I can't do that. I need to go now, but have a good day."

---End of conversation.

Sometimes I walk away from things that happen thinking to myself..."did that really just happen?" And sometimes it just amazes me.
I thought I'd share it here to give you a laugh.




1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing!! But I get it. When I was in China I was asked quite a few times or got notes asking me to marry them. Was kind of cute too if you are looking for the humor in it. Good answer though. :)

    ReplyDelete